Cambridge First (B2)
Cambridge First (B2)
B2 First, previously named Cambridge English: First (FCE), is one of our most popular Cambridge English qualifications, recognised by most corporations, businesses and (higher) educational institutions around the world.
If you have this qualification, you have 100% proof that you have the English language skills to live and work independently in an English-speaking country. You can also study at institutions that teach course only in English.
FCE Course (B2)
University of Cambridge Certificates are recognised English diplomas worldwide. FCE is an above-average exam for English students. It represents the third level of the main group of Cambridge exams that test the general English proficiency from beginner to advanced.
Everyone who wants or needs to have a recognised and highly respected certificate as a user of English.
The level of First Certificate in English is B2 on the CEFR. If you register with Masterclass English for the first time, you will be asked to take a test to determine your level of spoken and written English.
In the courses a lot of attention is paid to functional language use. The program pays attention to all skills:
- Revising and practicing grammatical points for attention.
- Exercises for building vocabulary.
- Working on idiomatic verbs and expressions.
- Reading and listening skills.
- Practicing language functions.
- Speaking skills and role play.
- Practicing pronunciation.
- Making exercises and assignments.
The reading texts come from newspapers, information brochures, letters or magazines. Writing assignments can consist of formal and informal letters, folders, articles, memos or reports. The listening and speaking assignments are also very diverse and based on current topics and situations.
The course consists of 10, 13, 20, 26 0r 30 meetings of 2 hours or more. In addition to the teaching hours, you must spend 2 to 4 hours per lesson per week on self-study.
There are 3 start times in the year. Although you can decide to sit the exam after 10 weeks, we advise you to attend at least 20 lessons to pass the exam.
The teacher prepares you thoroughly for this during the course, but the exam is not compulsory. The costs for the official Cambridge Exam are not included in the price and must be paid separately.
Masterclass English is the largest official University of Cambridge Authorized Center in Rotterdam. For all your questions about the Cambridge exam, please contact us.
You will receive an official Masterclass English certificate after the course.
The costs for a preparation course for the First Certificate of English amount to € 255,- and include final assessment and final certificate.
Clear and concise in writing
It is the next step after B1 and the step before the C1 Advanced examination.
100% Proof That You Can:
- speak effectively in face-to-face conversations while expressing your own opinions and offering arguments
- easily follow the news
- write clearly in detailed English, explaining benefits and drawbacks of a variety of perspectives
- write a number of documents like letters, reports, stories and many other texts.
Why you should choose Cambridge First (B2)
- This qualification is accepted by institutions offering foundation/pathway/pre-sessional courses in English.
- It is also accepted for undergraduate programmes taught in the medium of English in non-English-speaking countries.
What is B2 CEFR level?
- est format: Computer or paper-based
- No. of papers: 4
- Exam length: About 3.5 hours
Will I need preparation to sit this examination?
Yes, If you are already at B1 level, we advise a minimum of 40 contact hours to reach Cambridge First (B2) examination standard English.
We offer group preparation courses starting in September, January, April and also offer intensive courses in July, August, January, and March.
We can also arrange an in-company training upon request.
How do I register for this exam?
You can register for computer- or paper-based exams by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit us:
Botersloot 9C (3rd floor)
Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm