CELTA Teacher training
The Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is a teaching qualification that gives access to a worldwide professional network of teaching institutions and students. It is Cambridge’s stamp of approval that you are a capable professional with the ability and know-how to teach English anywhere in the world.
Am I the right person to take a CELTA?
There are entry requirements if you wish to apply. You should:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have achieved a level of education that satisfies the entry requirements of higher education
- Have C2 level English or be a native speaker
CELTA is also suitable for:
(Under) graduates who are looking for a secure profession outside of their field of study so they can rely on a steady income while travelling abroad, for example.
Graduate teachers who wish to work internationally.
Graduate teachers who would like to focus on adult teaching and areas of Business English and other more Specialised forms of teaching.
Experienced teachers without a formal qualification.
Our CELTA courses provide you with the following:
- The integration of theory and methodology and hands-on practice.
- 120 contact hours: methodology input sessions, supervised lesson planning, teaching practice, feedback on teaching, peer observation, observation of experienced teachers and consultation time.
- six hours of assessed teaching practice per trainee (with real students at different levels)
- four hours 'directed observation of live lessons taught by experienced ELT professionals plus two hours' observation of lessons on DVD
- a minimum of 120 additional learning hours for reading, research, assignment writing and lesson preparation
- quality control. An external assessor, appointed by Cambridge ESOL, moderates each course.
What will I be able to do after the course?
You will learn:
- The professionalism you need to increase your job prospects.
- Skills for professional classroom management.
- How to plan and create resources for different contexts such as teaching Business English, Young Learners and examination classes.
- Techniques for producing effective and motivating lessons.
- How to approach the effective teaching of all four language skills: reading, listening, speaking & writing.
- How to analyse language production and how to use this for the effective teaching of grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
Course dates and fees
Two courses are offered throughout the year (more options may become available based on demand):
Part-time option: May to July
Full-time options: January and August
The course is held at: Masterclass Academy of Languages BV
Botersloot 9C 3011 HE Rotterdam
The price of the course is € 1.900,00
How should I apply?
If you would like to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will then send you an application form and further information to complete. This will include a selection task. Your application will be assessed based on this task to assess whether you are suitable for the course. Depending on the outcome of the assessment, we will then offer you a place on the course.
NB. Because there are only 12 places per course available, only the most suitable trainees will be selected.
Or visit us:
Botersloot 9C (3rd floor)
Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm